Why You Should Get Your Carpet & Air Ducts Cleaned
There are several reasons carpets should be cleaned throughout the year. In a recent press release, CFR offered 10 of these reasons:
- Prolongs the life of carpeting: Regular carpet cleaning using the extraction method can increase the life of carpets significantly, protecting your floor-covering investment.
- Protects indoor air quality: Carpets trap airborne pollutants; however, eventually those pollutants must be removed in order to protect the carpet and maintain indoor air quality.
- Makes carpets easier to maintain: Most carpet soiling is made up of dry soils; when carpets are kept thoroughly cleaned on a regular basis, most dry soils can be removed with regular vacuuming.
- Removes spots and stains: As with other soils, spots and stains can attract more soiling. Removing them promptly protects carpeting from damage.
- Prevents buildup of allergens and bacteria: Moist soiling of carpets can result in the buildup of several unhealthy contaminants.
- Enhances the appearance of any room: Clean, well-maintained carpets speak volumes about the overall cleanliness of a home or facility.
- Improves worker morale: Workers feel better about their work environment when it is clean. This includes the carpeting.
- Makes carpeting look and feel clean and fresh.
- Removes dust mites and bedbugs that may have found a home in carpets.
- Maintains the carpet’s warranty: Most carpet warranties require that carpets be cleaned using the extraction method within a specific amount of time, usually every 12 to 18 months.
Why should I get my air ducts cleaned?
There are two main reasons you should have your air system cleaned. First, Poor air quality, you don't want you and your family to breathe the dust and dirt that a dirty air duct system recycles through your home. Is there anything more important than the health of you and your loved ones? Secondly, energy! An unclean air duct system takes more energy to run and cost you more. A clean air system runs more efficiently, and reduces costs for heating and cooling your home.
Dirty filters restrict airflow and can cause the system to run longer, increasing energy use. Replace filters every 1 to3 months (depending on the filter) after you have had your system cleaned to keep it running more efficiently and you will save money.